These banana coconut truffles look super impressive, yet they’re very easy to make. This recipe is an absolute winner in our house and we’re sure your family will enjoy them too.
Ingredients you’ll need to make banana coconut truffles
To make this tasty treat, you will need:
- 3 bananas
- 106g of desiccated coconut
- 114g of white chocolate, plus 28g of additional white chocolate (that you will use for decorating)
- Oil-based food coloring (any desired colors)
Banana coconut truffles – the method
1) In a bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher or fork. Try and make sure that there’s no lumps.
2) Stir in the coconut.
3) Roll the banana into balls and place them on a lined plate. We’d recommend bite-sized pieces, as truffles are usually small enough to go into your mouth whole!
4) Chill your banana coconut truffles in the fridge or freezer for at least one hour.
5) Melt 114g of white chocolate.
6) Dip the truffles into chocolate and pop them back on the lined plate.
7) Melt the remaining white chocolate and add your food colouring. The brighter the better, we say!
8) Stir in food colouring until desired colour is reached.
9) Pour the coloured white chocolate into piping bag or food storage bag.
10) Cut off the tip and drizzle the coloured chocolate over truffles.
11) Immediately put the sprinkles on before chocolate sets.
More Truffle Tips
Keep these chocolate truffles in the fridge for up to a week. We’d recommend that you store them in an air-tight container.
This is a really simple recipe, sou could easily get the kids involved too! Although there may be some mess to clean up afterwards!
As well as being a tasty, healthy-ish treat, these truffles make excellent gifts!
If you enjoyed this article, check out our food and drink section.